Our cycling sessions are for all ages and abilities, complete beginners to aspiring commuters, toddlers to grandparents. The sessions are free to attend and there are bikes for you to borrow.
For safety and fairness we have the following rules:
- All participants must register with the programme. You can either register online here or fill out a form when you arrive.
- Children under 16 must be registered by a parent/guardian.
- Personal information will be stored by Cycling Instructor Ltd. for a maximum of one year. The information may be shared with TfL and/or the funding body.
- Photographs are sometimes taken during the sessions and used for publicity. If you do not wish to be photographed, please just let a member of staff know.
- Children aged under 16 MUST be accompanied by a parent/guardian UNLESS they have consent to travel home alone. Consent is given by the parent/guardian during registration.
- A limited number of bikes are available to borrow on a first come, first served basis.
- Participants are assigned to a bike based on their height and skill.
- Participants may use their own bike if it is approved by a member of staff. Please show the bike to a member of staff when you arrive.
- We do not provide helmets to borrow. You/your child should bring a helmet if you choose to wear one.
- All of our staff are qualified National Standard Instructors and hold valid enhanced DBS certificates.
- There is a strict limit on the number of participants with each member of staff to ensure their safety.
- Participants must follow instructions from staff at all times. Failure to do so may lead to temporary or permanent exclusion from our projects.
- Neither Camden Council, Cycling Instructor Ltd, nor individual members of staff are responsible for any injury, loss or damage that may occur:
- during the journey to/from the site.
- as a result of not following instructions from staff.
MEDICAL ASSISTANCE & FIRST AID
- It is parent/guardian’s responsibility to ensure that you/your child has relevant medication with them during sessions, e.g. asthma inhalers, antihistamines, epi-pens.
- There is always a qualified First Aider with participants, both on site and with groups on the road.